Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a few days ago I connected my printer, a Deskjet 3050, to my laptop (Asus N551jk). It hasn't been used for a while, but as soon as I cleaned it up from only some dust (and installed new drivers), everything worked, changed cartridges so it could print again, it scans, it responds to print requests, everything works fine, except for wireless connection.
I'm in need of the wireless printing setting, both because of no space near my workstation and the possibility to print from my other devices.
After two days of trying I still can't seem to get it to work so here's what I've done:

1. Tried restarting all devices.
  2. Tried reinstalling drivers again.
  3. Tried HP Smart, but my printer doesn't seem to be fully supported.
  4. Tried resetting the printer.
  5. Ran my printer's 'software and configuration' settings from the printer's application, both with 'install a new device' and 'convert usb to wireless', every time it checks the connection and then proceeds to ask me to connect the printer via usb, which is already connected (tried two different cables, both are working fine.) I have a bit of a suspect as when the usb is plugged in/out, I don't hear Windows sound and no 'device connected' notification appears, however it acts like the default printer when I try to print/scan anything, printer settings can be accessed and modified, it is shown in Control Panel, all seems to work.
  6. Tried the troubleshooting tool from Hp Print and scan doctor. The result of the scan, written on the page, seems to be that the printer "can't find the wireless router." It says "failed" under SSID section.

My network has a very simple SSID, 4 letters.
WPA-PSK/WPA2PSK.

TKIP+AES encryption

WPS enabled on router and in the router settings.

Frequency band is 2.4 GHz.

All our devices are connected through Wi-Fi, WPS always worked fine.

The 'Wireless' on my printer is always on.

• When I try WPS button connect, router enters wps mode as well as the printer, the time just expires without anything happening.
  • When I try to pass the Wi-Fi data through the USB cable during the install in the configuration program, I am unable to go forward in the installation; the only thing I can do is tick a box that says "the printer is already connected to the network" which is clearly not the case.

(Sorry for the long message and for my english, it's my first time posting in a forum.)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try printing and evaluating a Wireless Test Report, see below support document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3050-all-in-one-printer-series-j610/4066450/model/40...

Does it list your network’s SSID?

What exact failures are shown?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Here are the results. I have my language settings in Italian, I hope it's not too difficult to understand what's going on. In the 1st page it says the SSID on the printer and on the router don't match, however the SSID is only one, there aren't similar ones nearby. It also says to run the wireless installation to configure the printer, but that's what I've been trying so far! ☹️

I've been looking for a way to manually insert SSID and password, didn't find anything either...

(EDIT: I posted only the first part, other details weren't really as relevant)

hp1.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information @zekis.

How far is the printer away from the router?

Are the printer and router in the same room or other rooms? Maybe many walls or any metal objects between?

As the network name is listed as Miro, is it your network SSID? If so that means the settings have been set for the printer.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Yes, the SSID is that. However it still doesn't work wirelessly, nor it displays as a wireless printer.

It's about 1,50m max, the router is on the floor below and approximately in the same position in the room. There's just the floor and the table.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.