Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer was working and able to print and scan from my Laptop (WINDOWS 10, 64-BIT) wirelessly for 4 months, until recently, the printer does not respond to any printing request from my computer. When i click print wirelessly/with USB, the document would stay on the printing list/status for around 15 seconds or less and disappeared from the printing status without printing anything. There is no messages indicating whether there is errors. I have tried numerous solutions that are already in the HP Forums. Of which includes using the HP print and scan doctor, the test print does not work, but the internal test print works, and the HP Doctor indicated that it is a software problem.. i have also tried uninstalling, deleting the drivers from print server properties,  reinstall but it still does not work. 

Despite the printing from my laptop, the printer still scan normally (both wireless & with usb) and it still perform printing from my mobile phone. However printing from mobile phone has less settings and flexibilities and the quality isnt as good as printing from laptop).

The forums that i have referred to are as follows: (but they did not work for me)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-DeskJet-3630-installed-but-can-t-print-from-laptop/...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/HP-Deskjet-3630-Will-not-print-from-PC-Wi...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Cannot-install-DeskJet-3630-on-clean-rein...

Please help me with other possible solutions. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@jane1930

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP Deskjet 3630

I appreciate your efforts and expertise in attempting to resolve this issue.

I'll try my best to help you out.

I suggest you uninstall the Printer driver from Root level

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Let me know how it goes and keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Hi thank you very much for your reply. I have tried your suggestion but the printing still does not work from my laptop. I have read on some threads about the causes, it might be due to crash between security update from the windows 10 and the printer software. Is that possible?

Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@jane1930

I see that you were interacting with @KrazyToad. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Uninstall the printer software and install the printer with windows built in drivers.

Watch this YouTube video to uninstall the printer software: https://hp.care/2Cj9xea

You can also refer this document for more steps: https://hp.care/2Cdx9ku

Install the printer with windows builtin driver.

You can refer this YouTube video to install the printer: https://hp.care/2ChO6KC

For more steps refer this HP Documnet: https://hp.care/2xByCk4

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Sandy, thank you for your reply, i've tried your suggestion step by step.

After changing the device installation setting, ive firstly skipped the step to establish connection to the printer because the wireless connection has already been set up at the very first time i use the printer (the light beside the wireless button on the printer was on >> which should indicate stably connected).

However, there is no "Found New Hardware Wizard" as shown in the HP Support Video. Therefore, i used USB cable to connect and the printer was then added to my Devices as default printer. But there is no green tick showing the printer is online. So i still cannot print with it.

I have also tried WIFI DIRECT PIN, the printer printed out the Pin and ive entered the pin right away, but it took a long time and didnt work as well.

Do you have any other possible solutions?
Thank you very much for your help!

HP Recommended

@jane1930

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I suggest we assign a Manual IP Address and check if that helps

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer by printing a Network Configuration Page
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Try printing wirelessly and let me know how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
@KrazyToad

Hi, thank you for your suggestion!
I've followed your instructions accordingly and it was able to change to IPv4 sucessfully but the problem still persist. The printing task only showed on the printing status for a few second and diappeared without printing.

Do you perhaps have any other possible solutions?

Thanks again for supporting me at solving the problem 🙂
HP Recommended

@jane1930

Thanks for keeping me posted.

I suggest you create a New Administrator Account on your computer.

• Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Account Family & other people, and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account. 

Then try the steps mentioned above ( Uninstalling the printer from Root Level and downloading the Full Feature Software ) if you are still unable to print with the Admin Account.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi @KrazyToad

I've uninstalled all hp related programs in the admin account and reinstalled it but the printing still does not work..what could be the causes?

Thank you for your support! 🙂

HP Recommended

@jane1930

Let's try these steps

1.) Press Windows Key + R for Run Command – Type spool   > Click the Printers Folder and delete all the files and folders inside.
2.) Press Windows Key + R for Run Command – Type spool – Right Click on Printers folder – From the drop down click on Properties – Click on Security Tab – Click on Edit under Group or user names – One by one give permissions for all – Click on Apply and then OK.
3.) Next, launch Control panel -> Hardware and Sound ->Device and Printers -> Right on the Printer -> Printer Properties -> Security Tab -> under Group or user names – One by one give permissions for all – Click on Apply and then OK.
4.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software again and check.

If the issue persists, please back up the data on your Laptop and you can try reinstalling the OS, then download the Full Feature Software.

Thanks 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.