Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 9800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone found a way to use their HP Deskjet 9800 with Windows 10 64 bit?  Was working following an upgrade to 10 but stopped when I had to have new hard-drive and fresh install.  I cannot download a driver.  It has been suggested that i use Deskjet 990 but I cannot download this either.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@K1RBS

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums,

It’ll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query.

To install Deskjet 9800 on Windows 10, Please try Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

For instruction: Click here

To manually add the 990c printer driver, try the steps below:

Please goto devices and printers
Click "Add a printer"
Select "The printer that I want isn't listed"
Select "Add local printer or network printer with manual settings"
Select "use existing port" and click next
 In the manufacturer list select "HP"
 In the printer list select "Deskjet 990c"   
click next till you get to the finish option and then click finish.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I resolved this issue by copying the drivers over from another Laptop that had Windows 7 installed.  

HP Recommended

What were the names of the printer files you found, they were probably .inf files? HP seems to be useless as far as help on this, many of the solutions they suggest just don't work. I would probably take one of their techs about 15 minutes to create a W10 driver but there are tons of people who spent big bucks on these priinters who can't use them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.