Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskjetF4440 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just downloaded the most recent print drivers and software for HP F4400 series printers to my HP Deskjet F4440 printer.  Evidently now Windows 10 (version 1809) is no longer recognizing the printer.  When I look under Device Manager > Printer, I see that "This device is operating properly".   When I look under Control Panel   > Devices & Printers I see my printer listed under "Unspecified".  When I attempt to print from MSWord I see a message that "this printer is not connected".  I've downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor app and ran through all the diagnostics it suggested ... with no success.  I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone suggest a course of action?

Many thanks,

rmaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rmaz 

Hello,

In order to resolve this incident, please follow the following procedure:

1. Press the Windows flag and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type %temp%, then OK. the temp folder opens.
  3. Locate then double click on the 7zS... folder (if there are several, choose the most recent one).
  4. Double click on the util folder, then ccc and run Uninstall_L1.bat. The computer will restart after the uninstallation.
  5. Re-access the same location to launch Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and Uninstall_L4.bat.
  6. After the last restart of the PC, launch the registry editor:
    2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, right-click on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP brand, develop Hewlett-Packard and delete Digital Imaging)
  7. Delete the HP DeskJet F4400 series folder in the path:
    • C:\Program files (x86)\HP
    • C:\Program files\HP
  8. Launch a new the printer installation with the HP DeskJet F4400 series Full Drivers and Software.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rmaz 

Hello,

In order to resolve this incident, please follow the following procedure:

2. Type %temp%, then OK. the temp folder opens.
  3. Locate then double click on the 7zS... folder (if there are several, choose the most recent one).
  4. Double click on the util folder, then ccc and run Uninstall_L1.bat. The computer will restart after the uninstallation.
  5. Re-access the same location to launch Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and Uninstall_L4.bat.
  6. After the last restart of the PC, launch the registry editor:
    2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, right-click on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP brand, develop Hewlett-Packard and delete Digital Imaging)
  7. Delete the HP DeskJet F4400 series folder in the path:
    • C:\Program files (x86)\HP
    • C:\Program files\HP
  8. Launch a new the printer installation with the HP DeskJet F4400 series Full Drivers and Software.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Dear Mans -

Pure genius.  The script you sent me worked marvelously!  My printer is now back in working order - my wife is happy - and life is once again good.  Many thanks for your generous help and for sharing your knowledge with the HP printer end-user community.

Best,

rmaz

2/11/2020

HP Recommended

@rmaz 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Congratulations!:Award_Gold:

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact in case of need.

Cheers,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.