Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600

My PC software monitoring tool (SUMo) reports that HP Digital Imaging (64 bits) is out of date - I currently have version 28.0.1315.0 and SUMo tells me that there is an update availabe - version 40.11.1148.17181

However, running HP Update tells me "No new updates available"

Any suggestions?

Intel Core I7 with 32Gb RAM running Win 7 Pro Sp1, fully updated

Many thans

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@IPadmin,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to find the latest version of HP Digital Imaging for your printer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the details of your printer and see that the version you have on your computer is the latest available for your printer.

However, I recommend you uninstall the printer software and then install the software and check.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

https://hp.care/2yZv4aj

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for that - I re-installed the software as you suggested - it re-installed the same version (28.0.1315.0) as was previously installed. You noted that this version already is the most recent available for the printer, so I assume that the SUMo report is a false positive - it still tells me that the current version is 40.11.1148.17181 and suggests an update.

I will ignore this SUMo report.

Than ks again.

HP Recommended

@IPadmin,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@WarningU2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the PC software monitoring tool (SUMo) in incorrectly identifying updates.

Have you tried reinstalling the Printer driver as indicated in the previous post?

I have put your case across to the cocnerned team and they will research on it and get back to us within 4 - 5 business days

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

No need to install driver.   Everything else is fine.   I recently reinstalled after the 1803 Windows 10 update.   I ran the troubleshooter to look for software updates needed and nothing was identified.  I have put Sum0 to ignore HP software.  It (Sum0) is not working correctly.    

HP Recommended

@WarningU2

Thanks for keeping me posted. As informed I have escalated your case to the concerned team and they will get back to us after researching on this issue.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem using SuMo. I just went to 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-deskjet-2130-all-in-one-printer-series/7...

and downloaded the file, which is tagged as

DJ2130_Full_WebPack_40.11.1124.exe

Hope this helps

CODA

I had to remove the device and uninstall all the software for the printer first .  I rebooted then opened the new software file, followed through and it installed the new package.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.