I RECENTLY HAD TO DELETE AND RELOAD MY OPERATING SYSTEM FOR MY HP ENVY 4500 SERIES PRINTER. I CANNOT FIND MY ORIGINAL CD BUT THE FILE I DOWNLOADED HAS ALLOWED THE PRINTER TO WORK BUT I HAVE LOST THE UTILITIES SOFTWARE WHICH I COULD OPEN TO DO THINGS LIKE SCANNING, CARTRIDGE LEVELS AND ORDERING OF REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGES. IS THERE A WAY I CAN GET BACK WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY LOADED FROM THE CD?
Good day. Thanks for visiting the Hp community. I have reviewed the post and would love to assist you. let us make this a great experience for you. I understand the issue correctly. While the original CD may not be given to you by the community, I will direct you in the right direction to ensure that the printer's complete capability is restored.
- Did you try updating windows and check again?
- Did you uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level?
For now, try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/model/16180954/documen... perform steps from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable to update the printer’s firmware connecting it to a computer.
Then uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps correctly and patiently:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/... and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
This should do the trick for you and restore the full functionality of the printer.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee