Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is conected to my laptop via USB. Everytime I go to print a word document or PDF I send it to the printer, see the file in the print queue and then after 5 seconds it disappears without anything being printed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the full driver and software for my printer 3 times now and have run the print and scan doctor 5.0 twice. Everytime it cannot print the test page but can print the internal page. I get the response that it is the software not being up to date yet I keep downloading the most recent version from online "EN4500_198.exe (110.1 MB)" this is beyond frustrating. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@V_1

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY 4500 printer. I understand that the print job keeps disappearing from queue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Rename the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file

• Right-click the Start button () or the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, and then type %windir%.
  • Double-click the System 32 folder, double-click the Spool folder, and then double-click the Drivers folder.
  • Double-click the x64 folder or the w32x86 folder, depending on your operating system, and then double-click the 3 folder.
  • Right-click the HPBXPSRENDER.DLL file, and then click Rename.
  • Delete the DLL suffix, type OLD in its place, and then press Enter. The file name now displays as HPBXPSRENDER.OLD.
  • When the "If you change the file name extension, the file might become unstable. Are you sure you want to change it?" message displays, click Yes.
  • Close the window.

Click here and follow the document for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.