Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot find a reply to the most important question:

When is HP goin to supply a MacOSCatalina compatible version of the reliable and much appreciated EasyScan

HP Recommended

Looks like we won't get an update....time to switch printer companies

HP Recommended

It looks like "Scan to computer" now works under macOS Catalina 10.15.1

I updated to the latest point release and scanned a document just fine.

It was Apple and not HP that had the problem and corrected it.

HP Recommended

It's fixed under the latest point release of Catalina to 10.15.1

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot confirm that the problem is fixed.

My Mac automatically installs updates and is on 10.15.1 at present. EasyScan opens, finds my HP Officejet Pro 8620 , but then when I click scan the field "scan in preparation" (My translation from the German) without getting anywhere until I exit the programme.

As an inadequate stop gap I found Apple's "Digitale Pictures". Better than nothing, but I want EasyScan back and working.

Hopefully something will turn up soon.

Thanks in advance for constructive comments

HP Recommended

Hello all,

The development of the HP Easy Scan is still in progress.

When the HP Easy Scan will be updated, you'll get a notification or an e-mail from HP.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi - How can I insure I will get an email from HP when it is fixed?     tnx,  Pete

HP Recommended

I have an older model HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer. My warranty expired in 2013, but it is still fully functional, and excellent for my home office, until now. I use the printer in both Windows and MacOS. I had been using Mac OS Image Capture as my primary scan software until the Mac OS 10.15 Catalina update. Image Capture (Apple) still initiates the scan (indicating there is good communication between the system and the scanner), but the program still hangs during file creation. I installed Easy Scan (HP), but I get the same error cited in this thread (Message "preparing to scan"). I am unable to use Windows either - the HP recommended software prints fine, but doesn't seem to recognize the scanner. I would appreciate it if the moderator of this thread would place me on the list of customers to receive an e-mail once the Easy Scan software has been updated to run on Mac OS Catalina. Thanks very much.

HP Recommended

The Apple carries the HP Easy Scan app through the App Store.

HP Recommended

Ok, Sailboatskipper, not to grouse, but I stated clearly in my post that I have already downloaded HP Easy Scan as an alternative to Apple Image Capture, and it hangs at "Preparing to scan..." Furthermore, it has been made clear by other posters in this thread that Easy Scan has not yet been updated for compatibility with Mac OS Catalina - I don't think anyone has had trouble downloading it from the Apple App Store. We all simply want to know when HP or Apple have finished updating the software that has broken our scanners with the Mac OS update to Catalina.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.