Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I checked and Best Buy will have on Black Friday a Epson 2720 printer on sale for $149, down from $299.     Since I spend $100 on ink at a crack, if this is not fixed by Black Friday I will be the proud owner of a Epson big ink tank printer 😎

HP Recommended

Sorry haven't been able to get back to this - unwell (probably caused by printer problems....). There is no improvement with the problem, still getting same message.

HP Recommended

Still doesn't work for me !!!

HP Recommended

No .......... it hasn't

HP Recommended

YES!!! I need to know when this starts working .... please 🙂

HP Recommended

My scanner does not show up in the image capture list?

HP Recommended

I have a Scanjet 200 I haven't used for several years and it is not even recognised on my Mac with Catalina - will a driver be released for this or will I have to buy a new scanner?

HP Recommended

Hi Niciwarner,

Just out of curiosity, does Catalina have the base level driver for your specific printer/scanner installed, so you can at least print? Or, is the HP ScanJet 200 only a scanner (not a printer/scanner combo)? Catalina did not break my HP DeskJet printer/scanner completely - it still works great for printing. It's just the scanner element of the driver that's causing trouble. I believe I speak for a majority of the other users on this thread, when I say that.

-Thedude66

HP Recommended

I am able to print using my HP Photosmart 7520.    It is just scanning that is an issue.

HP Recommended

Furthermore, I would be tempted to say that it's not the drivers under Catalina at all that are causing the issues. It's the scanning software that has not been updated to support a critical change in the architecture of the OS (32 to 64-bit abandonware). Either way, I own a fully networkable HP multifunction printer, that I bought new, and until Catalina, it has worked great. I am a bit irate that HP's developer team can't spare a couple minutes to address the issue. I'm getting sick of taking trips to the FedEx store every time I need to scan something. Hey HP, your hardware works great, lets get our act together and support it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.