Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

No Catalina doesn't have the driver.  Scanjet is only a scanner (a useless one at that if it won't work)

HP Recommended

Dear IronBadger,

Thanks for posting this important note to HP's forum about printer/scanner functionality under MacOS Catalina. I have to say that I despise this whole situation SO much. I have used (and loved using) my HP M1212nf MFP printer/scanner for years, and it works great. Incidental to this whole MacOS upgrade ridiculousness, I just so happen to have a job, and a life, which require scanning from my home office. I do not have time in my day to drive to the FedEx Store to scan documents every evening - it simply will not happen. It's not that I've lost faith in HP's products - far from it - it's that I cannot stomach buying a new printer/scanner, when the old one works so well. I wish your staff would push to support older products. It's going to be difficult to justify buying another new product from HP when my current LaserJet does eventually wear out.

I need support for HP Easy Scan (or alternative) in MacOS X - the system prints fine, but Catalina seems to have broken the scanner interface (Program initializes scanner, announces, "Preparing to scan...", then hangs). Apple Co., too, needs to update their Image Capture software, which I have been relying on until now, as it now hangs as well. The frustrating part is, since the update the scanner itself seems to work just fine with both pieces of software - the scanner initializes, and says on the LCD readout that it's begun its "scan to PC" - but then everything just hangs. It's all been working so well with the past version of MacOS, and so I DO blame Apple Co. more than HP, but I'm pulling my hair out here. I hate junking equipment as a consequence of driver atrophy, as apposed to device failure.

Thank you for your attention!

Sincerely,

Chapin Klein (Miffed and disgruntled, yet begrudgingly loyal HP printer owner)

HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry, but this workaround is not useful for me. I need to save searchables PDFs from the scans and this does not work with the apple scan solution.

And it's HP Easy Scan that is not properly working on macOS Catalina, it's not Catalina's problem not to support scanning. WHen will HP fix this problem? It's the only software that does not work properly after the update of Apple's iOS.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Iron,

any progress in updating the software? My piles of to be scanned documents is growing awfully high...

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thank you. I spent the entire day trying to uninstall and reinstall my drivers & Easy Scan and finally found your advice. I did not know about Image Capture nor the fact that HP Easy Scan is not compatible with Catalina.

HP Recommended

Just reporting in that this is still an issue in 1.9.3 (002) for macOS Catalina 10.15.1. The only viable alternative I've found is using ReadIris 16 Pro. People may be entitled to a free copy, depending on the device.

HP Recommended

Another solution is to go to Best Buy on Black Friday and get the big tank Epson 2720 printer.  

HP Recommended

this is a serious issue. I scan to computer ALL the time. I once upgraded a couple of years ago and found out I could no longer scan to computer and spent a full DAY downgrading my computer. I was HOPING that HP had addressed this issue. I am using a woefully outdated MacOS version because I can't scan to computer. 

HP, please FIX THIS PROBLEM. and let me know when you have done so, so I can update my computer. 

HP Recommended

So HP if you do read these forum posts read this one. I bought a  new printer yesterday .......and it was not an HP, for the first time ever because I need to scan and you dont support the NEWEST APPLE operating system with your easy scan software because you are lazy - think on - you just lost business and lost market share - do you care - we will see. 

HP Recommended

Hi, 

When can we expect to get the HP Easy Scan working on MacOC Catalina? This has been going on for a long time now.... Scanner is pretty useless without it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.