Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Interesting.....

I have 2 iMacs - one running High Sierra and one running Catalina.

Both have the latest drivers available from HP.

I like to create scanned files by scanning to each computer as needed.

The older High Sierra iMac works fine.

The newer Catalina iMac does not allow me to "scan to computer".

I never get a connection from the printer/scanner to the computer but I can get a connection from the computer to the scanner.

Go figure.

HP Recommended

The Apple carries the HP Easy Scan app through the App Store.

HP Recommended

Thanks, that works for now and is good to know about!  I guess they will let us know or provide updates when that functionality is restored! Until then, this works! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello all,

For more information, please go to HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina.

You can also use HP Smart to scan or print with your printer.

You can also use VueScan x64 but the disadvantage is:
Note that the files you create will have a watermark and this watermark can not be deleted. VueScan is a paid application that is why you would have a watermark on the created documents. The download version is a demo version.
https://www.hamrick.com/alternate-versions.html

The Scan to Computer feature will not work as well now. It is related to the same problem as HP Easy Scan. With VueScan, the Scan to Computer feature will not be available.

MacOS Catalina now supports 32-bit software, drivers, and applications because some older printers and drivers are not updated to 64-bit (this only applies to HP Easy Scan for HP printers).

So macOS Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, software and drivers.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, when there is a final resolution for HP Easy Scan I will try and update as many threads as I can on the subject.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Dear, 

is not the first time that HP users have this problem. With Mac OS High Sierra start our troubles, finished with OS Mojave and start again with Catalina. 

Scan to network folder is a basic function, which should be included in the tests that are done during the evaluation process of a new version of Apple's operating systems and I think HP should put it on the table.

HP Recommended

How can I be notified when the fix is available?

HP Recommended

HP smart is a far better idea than the HP suggested workaround - just tried it and it works like a dream - i now can scan easily straight to PDF's - thanks so much 

HP Recommended

Don't get me wrong, HP Smart is a great solution for devices that are supported.  I only use Image Capture as it supports more products when the HP Scan drivers are installed.  HP Smart really only works with devices released in that past few years.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info but the HP Smart doesn't work form my scanner and Vue Scan sounds like an awkward work around, would rather use Apple Image Capture.  all that you said about Mac Os now supporting 32 bit software was just confusing info to me...no idea how or if that helps me or not because I just don't understand it.  But thanks for replying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.