Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Well, If HP refuses to acknowledge and FIX this problem, there seems to be little reason to be a loyal HP fan anymore. OS's evolve with time and with great regularity. For the price we all have paid for HP printer/scanners, It is not unreasonable to expect HP to update their drivers as needed to comply with new OS's 

HP, WHERE ARE YOU ON THIS ISSUE? 

Crickets. just crickets. 

HP Recommended

I am unable to scan using Easy Scan or Image Capture.  Upon opening, both hang on "Waiting for Scanner" and then eventually throw up the attached error screen.  Is there an ETA for a fix or do I need to go find a different scanner that actually works in Catalina?Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.03.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.43.19 PM.png

HP Recommended

I have spoken to HP and it appears they are aware of the situation and are working on writing code for a new driver which should be available "in a month or so" .... so Jan/Feb 2020.  How are we supposed to scan until then?!?! What a ridiculous, uncaring company.  I will never spend money with them again.

HP Recommended

I got fed up and got a Epson ET-2720 printer Black Friday.  It rocks!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I have an iMac running 10.13 and it worked fine!  I can scan both ways.  Catalina 10.15 - scan not working at all either way.!

HP Recommended

Seriously! It has been 3 months! 3 months! And you still haven't fixed it! This is such bad customer service and frankly appalling to HP.

HP Recommended

Hi IronBadger,

I just downloaded HP Easy Scan v1.9.3 (002) via HP Easy Start and installed it on my Macbook Pro running OS X 10.15.2

However with the new version I still the same error message like back in September: Automatic Document Feeder is Empty

So no improvement to version 1.9.1 or 1.9.2

Are you aware that your latest release doesn't fix the problem?

Best Regards,

Leo

HP Recommended

I cannot use my HP in my small business office any longer, HP you have lost a long term customer as my new NON HP printer arrives today

HP Recommended

It is clear to me that the HP technical support community has not prioritized this issue. They would prefer that you buy a new printer from them, and they know that you will. HP offers great new products, available at many office supply stores nationwide. Please avail yourself of these many spectacular low price options, and quit trying to resuscitate your old machines. Yay capitalism! Tyvm.

HP Recommended

And who guarantees that scan works with new printer? How can we trust HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.