Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm running into issues trying to install HP Easy on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

I'm able to launch the installer, I agree to the terms and move on to printer detection and works flawlessly : my printer is found just fine.

But then I click Continue and get "Checking your hardware needs...".

Beyond that, I either get a white page with a blue icon and 2 green checkmarks with no text and/or then get an "The program cannot display this webpage".

As opposed to what this error page suggests, my internet is just fine.

Why is there a need to display a webpage during the install process ? Can I just manually install drivers offline if need ?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Version2-1 

Hello,

Please use HP Deskjet 2600 series  Full Feature Software and Drivers to install your printer.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Version2-1 

Hello,

Please use HP Deskjet 2600 series  Full Feature Software and Drivers to install your printer.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I went ahead and got the full featured software instead of just Easy Start.

The installation went fine... until it got to step 4, the last step of the installation where it seems to have fired up Easy Start in the process because I was presented with the same blue "avatar" with the circular plus sign on it as well as the 2 green checkmarks and of course the dreaded "This webpage cannot be displayed" message rears up its ugly head yet again. Going back one step and back; still the same message

Having lost all faith, faith, I was told 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please click the X button at this place and click on Close, this step is the product registration step and the installation should be already completed at this time.

Open the HP Deskjet 2600 icon and make sure it opens, then try printing and scanning and check.

Please let me know if that works,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am sorry , it seems my reply was incomplete.

What I meant to say was that after getting to the "Easy Start" part and it timing out yet again, I decided to cancel out the installation.

This time around though, I was presented with a dialogue that suggested I "Copy this link" to the step I was on when I stopped the installation.

I copied the link and proceeded to open it in Google Chrome where the install completed flawlessly.

Clearly, the confirmation page is web-based and tried to open in Internet Explorer by default. I wish this part of the installation relied on what browser is set as default in Windows instead of forcing it in IE but thankfully, the "Copy this link" dialog saved the day. 🙂

My printer is now successfully installed.

Thank you for your support. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.