Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet X576DW
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The Easy Start software just halts at the Install section of the application. Please see below picture.

I need the software drivers, easy scan and hp software essentials so I can use my printer's features.

May someone please contact me with a direct link to the packages. 

Kind Regards

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 3.43.03 pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Bump!

So after posting the questions and not getting any answers, i had to do some of my own digging.

Thankfully, as i have an admin background, i gathered some clues and found where the software was hiding on the HP ftp library - somehow.

So if anyone else has this problem, i suggest you follow this link - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

This software is the HP Utility software and Essential Software application i was looking for but the HP Easy Start software was unable to to download.

I hope this information and the above download helps anyone else experiencing the same problems!

Peace Out!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Bump!

So after posting the questions and not getting any answers, i had to do some of my own digging.

Thankfully, as i have an admin background, i gathered some clues and found where the software was hiding on the HP ftp library - somehow.

So if anyone else has this problem, i suggest you follow this link - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

This software is the HP Utility software and Essential Software application i was looking for but the HP Easy Start software was unable to to download.

I hope this information and the above download helps anyone else experiencing the same problems!

Peace Out!

HP Recommended

Can you dig for the "HP Easy Scan" direct link please?

EDIT:

Never mind, found it (dug it myself using this ftp crawler) :

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_9...

HP Recommended

Officjet Pro 8600

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Easy Start did not work - froze at "Install" page.  Tried to download files from links posted previously here (thank you for them), but the download failed after only 40-ish MB (of 130+ to 160+ MB) with "unknown error".  So I have two installer files (for "printer essentials" and "easy scan") which do nothing.  Seems like it should be a fairly simple process - what could I have done wrong??

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello, if you have problems downloading both files from the aforementioned links (by me and the thread creator), keep in mind that you're downloading it from HP's FTP server, which is rather slow (which might be the problem why our EasyStart froze at the installation page). Re-download it again and again until it finally download without any errors. Then, install it. For me, the Easy Scan app worked flawlessly while printer essentials one is really just essential because it only installs HP Utility app. The app features nothing except from tools to fix your printer (i.e.; clean printheads etc.) and does not install the printer's driver, at least for me. And no, you still can't print using your HP printer, at least for me.

I really hope HP could fix this problem. My money is wasted for something I can't use.

HP Recommended

Can you find Easy Start? I still cant print a thing. I downloaded Essentials and Easy Scan. But I need Easy Start

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I still cant print . I really hope they fix it

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please delete your HP Easy start and re-download it again through HP's official website. The developer has pushed a new update (well actually they just pushed an older update to mitigate the bugs they have in the latest build). The "new" HP Easy Start is now 100% working. I can now use my printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.