Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G7 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot print on my HP Envy 4500 All-in-One after Windo10 update 1909 on Pavilion G7 laptop. Document is in printing error in the spooler and blocks printing. If I delete the document in spooler the next document gets in printing error and blocks printing and so on. I have another laptop Dell Vostro 2510 with same Win 10 1909 and I have no problem printing on the same HP Envy 4500. Printer is connected via Wi-Fi. HP update tells me the drivers are up to date on all my devices. I had no problem prior to update 1909. The scanner function is functional. Looking for advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JJinQC, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that your print jobs are gettings stuck in the queue. Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue. Follow the steps below-

Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Let me know the outcome.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@JJinQC, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that your print jobs are gettings stuck in the queue. Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue. Follow the steps below-

Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Let me know the outcome.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For your info my system is in french but I was able to find the different terms to look for.

I tried to follow the instructions that you provided:  all went well untill the time to install the printer in the control panel, in my case it is in parameters, printers and spoolers, add a printer, my printer is detected, slected it for install......

But I am not asked for the driver, and do not see a Windows update options.

The installation continues until the printer is shown  with the message driver unavailable (pilote non disponible).

During the installation I got a popoup to launch 'HP Envy 4500 Series' application

I launched it and got the message at the end 'software installed and printer installed successfuly and online.

Step 3 invited me to go online and explore the capabilities of the printer and showed me the message your printer is installed and ready for use.

But I still get the same problem

HP Recommended

Additional information about my printing problem:

I have 3 systems accessing the same HP Envy 4500 series all-in-one printer via WIFI 5Gbs network.

Dell Vostro 2510,  Windows 10 1909, Driver:  HP Envy 4500 Series Class Driver, printing OK

HP desk top PC, Windows 10 Professional 1909, Driver:  HP Envy 4500 series, printing OK

HP Pavilion g7 laptop, Windows 10 1909, Driver:  HP Envy4500 series, current printing job is in error in spooler.

HP Recommended

@JJinQC

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Let us try creating a new user account and install the printer. Here is how you do it-

1. Tap the Windows icon.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Select Family & other users.

5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9. Tap the Windows icon.

10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11. Select the new user. You'll then sign in to your account with your password from step 8.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the following files. They are present in my system:

Software and Utilities:

EN4500_198.exe      (HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

Microprogram:

EN4500_R1828A.exe       (Update to printer firmware) It was impossible to install. Option to apply remains in light grey

Product Installation Drivers:

HPENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver - IT Professional Use only

EN4500_Basicx64_198.exe

Utilities and Diagnostics tools:

HPPSdr.exe

HP Support Solutions Framework  (identifies my HP products)

services.msc

1. I stopped the spooler

spool

2. I deleted everything in PRINTERS

one file was remaining, I had to stop the process print filter pipeline to delete it.

services.msc

3. I restarted the spooler

Programs and features

There was no entry for the printer. The only programs present were:

SMART

Support Assistant

Solution Framework

HP Update

Printers and Devices

4. Deleted the HP Envy 4500

printui.exe /s

Drivers tab

5. I could not delete the printer driver (message saying the pilot is presently in use)

I tried to right clic on the program HP ENVY 4500 series and selected de-install, a window opens showing all programs.

But I don't see an entry for the printer except the programs mentionned above after step 3.

I tried to install via HP SMART getting the driver via windows update, the process 'windows is updating the printers list' never completes

I am looking at the possibility to go back to a previous version of Windows 10 prior to 1909.

This printer was working fine under Windows10 prior to recent updates.

HP Recommended

@JJinQC

I suggest you run the SFC Scan first and then uninstall the driver from root level & Re-install the Full Feature Software

You can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o... for help with the SFC Scan.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do I download and install all the files listed or avoid certain files?

For example the following 2 files are confusing.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series Basic driver- IT Professional Use only ????

EN4500_Basicx64_198.exe

Do I download ans execute both?

HP Recommended

@JJinQC

Yes download and execute all the files

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally got my printer HP ENVY 4500  working.

It was impossible to install it with the .downloaded drivers.

I installed a new printer via the control panel (Parametres).

I told the system that my printer was not found although it was.

I selected the driver via Windows update..

The only HP model listed that was close to mine was the ENVY 4510 so I selected it.

And the printer is now working fine.

My future posts will be under member JJinQC

For the Scanner, I downloaded HP Smart from Microsoft store.

From HP Smart I can select the functions I want.

Many thanks to TEJ1602 and KrazyToad for the precious information that guided me to a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.