HP Envy was printing in colour and two weeks ago it stopped doing so. No changes were made to the computer, not even a Windows 10 update. There is no option under the Paper/Quality tab of the printer properties of the print dialog to select colour or B&W.
On my wife's computer documents print in colour to the same printer.
I have removed all reference to HP on my computer and removed the printer. I've use printui.exe /s to remove drivers. I've reinstalled everything using HP Smart. Still no colour printing. I have followed the instructions in three separate posts as recommended by three different HP employees. Still no colour printing What is wrong with the drivers and when can we expect a fix please?
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!