Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased an HP Envy 5055, 5000 Series All-In-One Series.

Serial #: [personal information removed per Rules Of Participation] MS  FUP#: M2U85-64001

I am attempting to install this printer on a Dell Inspiron 3847
running Win XP SP2 32 bit that is an off-line installation.

The PC recognizes the new hardware, connected by USB 2,
but cannot find any software to activate the printer.

I've downloaded these Programs which cannot be installed for
a variety of reasons.
EN5000_Full_WebPack_44.3.2218.exe
EN5000_R1833A.exe
HPPSdr.exe

I have the identical printer installed and performing perfectly
on a Win 10 On-Line PC.

Please help me correct this install/connect problem!

Thank you,  Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mikeyfella

Thanks for the reply,

Appreciate all your time and efforts,

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/mod... select the operating system to download and install it.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:) 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mikeyfella

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you to find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Do you see any error message?

Is the printer getting detected?

Did you try with the different USB cable?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor

Install HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer connected to your printer.

1. Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the computer.

2. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install and open the tool.

3. On the Welcome screen, click Start to view a list of available printers.

4. Select your printer in the list, and then click Next.

If your printer is not listed or a connection problem is detected, click My product is not listed or select your connection type, follow the on-screen instructions, and then click Retry.

Example of a list of available printers

5. Click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.

If you are prompted to install the printer software, follow the on-screen instructions. The software can resolve many printer issues.

Example of a list of available printers

6. Review the list of test results, and then resolve any issues found.

• If you see a checkmark, the printer passed the test.

• If you see a wrench, HP Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it.

• If you see an exclamation point, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.

• If you see an X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Example of the results screen with a problem detected

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
2:45 PM 10/18/2018  Problem Update

I have updated Win XP to SP3 (still 32 bit). Found and installed HPPSdr Ver. 4.9 which
showed me the following -
driver.jpg HP Support is down, so I can't research a driver download. The Programs I was able to download - EN5000 Full Web Pack 4.3.2218, EN5000_R183A, OJ5200 Full Web Pack, HPEasyStart_8_1_3713_2 all require connection to the Internet. Which is not available to this Dell PC. So, according to HPPSdr V.4.9 I need a compatible DRIVER for my configuration. The printer is connected to my WiFi, but the USB connection (needed to print from the Dell PC) needs the driver! Please point me toward a solution as I'm into my 3rd full day of analysis and troubleshooting. Thank you, Mike I recently purchased an HP Envy 5055, 5000 Series All-In-One Series. Serial #: TH8575J1 MS FUP#: M2U85-64001 I am attempting to install this printer on a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Win XP SP2 32 bit that is an off-line installation. The PC recognizes the new hardware, connected by USB 2, but cannot find any software to activate the printer. I've downloaded these Programs which cannot be installed for a variety of reasons. EN5000_Full_WebPack_44.3.2218.exe EN5000_R1833A.exe I have the identical printer installed and performing perfectly on a Win 10 On-Line PC. Please help me correct this install/connect problem! Thank you, Mike
HP Recommended

@Mikeyfella

Thanks for the reply,

Appreciate all your time and efforts,

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/mod... select the operating system to download and install it.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj 1788 -  Thank you for your valuable input.  As it turned out, the Key move was finding the full download for 'NET Framework 3.5' and being able to install it off line.  Once I got that done everything fell into place. Love the printer function!!!

Mike

HP Recommended

@Mikeyfella

Thanks for the reply,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution!

Take care now and do have a great week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.