Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5544 All-In_One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. My old HP printer Photosmart 7510 AIO died on me and i replaced it with a HP Envy 5544. On my old printer everything worked without any problems.

On my new Envy 5544 it works in most instances but i am not able to print from within Outlook or Excel from Office 365.

In Outlook i receive the message that the "printer is not ready" and in excel it states "Not able to print beacause of an error with Envy 5540 Series (Network) There could be several reasons for this: Not enough memory, network connection, loose cables.

It works fine and prints from Pdf's, Word, I Explorer etc, it's just in outlook and excel it wont print.

The printer is wirelessly connected to a router, my PC i connected through a cable.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Podal,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with printing from excel and outlook using Office 365. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to run print and scan doctor?
  • Did you uninstall and reinstall office 365 and check?

For now please try these steps:

Please uninstall and reinstall office 365 and check again by printing.

If it still does not work, then try a root level uninstall and reinstallation of the printer full feature drivers by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver http://hp.care/2tjTqYt and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have solved the problem to a certain content.

I have moved my temp-folder to a different HDD from the OS and i had to grant the relocated temp-folder full access to all user accounts. I can now print from within Outlook and Excel.

However, it is taking a very long time for the print to finish, also just a simpleOutlook  PM-print.

I am using the latest Basic driver which uses the WSD-port, could this be the culprit?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi @Podal,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with printing from excel and outlook using Office 365. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to run print and scan doctor?
  • Did you uninstall and reinstall office 365 and check?

For now please try these steps:

Please uninstall and reinstall office 365 and check again by printing.

If it still does not work, then try a root level uninstall and reinstallation of the printer full feature drivers by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver http://hp.care/2tjTqYt and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the reply.

Well, in relation to upgrading to the Win 10 Fall Creators Update, i decided to uninstall Office 365 before upgrading and reinstalling after the upgrade.

Now the prints are immidiate from within both Outlook and Excel.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

@Podal

Hi,

As @DavidSMP is out of the office, I'm replying to you.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. I must say that technical solutions can only be provided, but it was you who performed the steps to perfection. 

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.