Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5545
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having trouble with my HP Envy 5545 printer ever since I changed the ink cartridges.  Orginally the computer would not recognize the printer when connected to the USB port.  After some effort I think I have resolved this issue.  However, now when I try to print I get an error saying that the attempt to print has failed.  The first few lines of the docment will print and the rest of the page will be blank.  It will then try to reprint, with the same results until I manually cancel the job.  I have noticed that while trying to print the status of the printer will suddenly jump to offline and then back to online or idle.  This also seems to occur when there is no print job pending and the printer is simply left connected and turned on.  I have utilized HP scan and print doctor with negative results.  A hard reset of the printer, unplug while on, and resetting both the printer and computer have also been attemtped with negative results.  I have also updated all drivers with negative results.  I am assuming this is some type of software or driver issue.

Any fixs or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @cad28, and Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 5545 Printer. I understand that you are getting printer offline issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.
  • Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Make sure the correct port is selected.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Create a manual connection.
  • Add a second printer device to Windows.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cad28, and Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 5545 Printer. I understand that you are getting printer offline issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.
  • Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Make sure the correct port is selected.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Create a manual connection.
  • Add a second printer device to Windows.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.