Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6230
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am suddenly unable to print photos on 6x4 paper as it is not appearing anymore. All I can see is A4 and 5x7. I have only had this printer since November and it used to work out what size by what was in the printer tray.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelpany1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

What type of photo papers are you using?

Which application are you using to print?

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Make sure the photo papers are properly loaded in the input tray.

Refer to this document to know how.

Check the print settings on the MAC

Refer to this document to know the default settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated printer firmware and updated my Mac. I use HP photo paper and have used several apps. Worth mentioning that I have only had this printer since November and in the beginning was able to print 6x4 photos. The phone/iPad seemed to sense what size photo paper was in the top tray and I didn’t need to put in the size manually. Note I have to open the app and the drop down for the upper tray is A4 or 5x7. I am confused but see online that others have had the same problem albeit they were using Windows not a Mac. 

HP Recommended

@needhelpany1, thank you for the response. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team. I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.