2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Envy 6255 doesn't scan

HP Envy 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to scan, trouble shooting all day!  HP Support is useless, virtually no help, they transfer to a text message system.  Error: Printer is offline, go through all the directions multiple times, it prints, but says scanner is unavailable.  I have uninstalled and installed driver...help, so frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
12,227 12,179 1,225 2,860
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/907304...

Download from Software - Utility the HP ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was finally able to reinstall the driver for the printer.  This was one of the most challenging issues I've had with a printer.  It should have been an easy fix but repetitive errors over a 6 hr. trial!  Thanks for responing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,227 12,179 1,225 2,860
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Paintbrush51 ,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation