01-26-2020 03:41 PM
I hear printer "receive" the command...then nothing. Prints from laptop and phone.
01-29-2020 07:12 AM
@Gumby3K Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
For now, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
Update the MS Word app.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
01-29-2020 06:08 PM
Been there...done all of that repeatedly to no avail. Won't print from PC period. It registers the command, makes some noises, then NOTHING! I did just have Win 10 loaded...before that it worked fine. Now saving docs to Google Drive and printing from tablet, phone or laptop.
01-30-2020 08:25 AM
Thank you for the update.
Please perform the Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Have a nice day!!
01-30-2020 08:41 PM
Nope...i think when i request full featured driver I'm forced to download Basic...is that important? (I think I'm able to run print and config printouts from PC now...that's new!)
But no printing from pc of pdfs on file.
01-31-2020 09:34 AM
Kindly click on the link provided in the previous post to download HP Easy Start which will download the full-featured driver.
Alternatively, you may use HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win PC
Click here to download and know more about the app.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
02-01-2020 05:48 AM
Let's try adding the printer using the IP address -
1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
02-01-2020 09:50 AM
Try creating a new user account and check -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
I am an HP Employee