Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hp0516
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7640: How to stop tray app from popping up at boot; and, can't be deleted?

HP Pavilion 14 Lap Top
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I boot, I get a window saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".

It then instructs me "to enter an alternate path or folder containing the installaion package 'TrayApp.msi' in the box below"

How do I prevent this from occurring? It can't be deleted from the screen; and, keeps re-occurring over and over.

I'm using Win 10; and, I have a copy of IE Explorer Product version:11.00 14393 963, loaded; but don't use it. Use Google and Chrome. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 484 929
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 7640: How to stop tray app from popping up at boot; and, can't be deleted?

Greetings @hp0516

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a prompt for trayapp.msi on startup and are looking to disable it, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you facing any printing issues?

To disable trayapp.msi, open task manager by press Ctrl + Alt + Del together or doing a right-click on the taskbar. 

You can go through the list of startup items and disable the application that you do not need on startup. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
LOVE1SCENT
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WHEN I START UP MY COMPUTER....... I OPEN UP MY TASK BAR TO CHECK THE PROGRAMS THAT I HAVE ACCESS TO.....I DO NOT SEE  A TRAYAPP PROGRAM ......SO WHY AM I SEEING A  TRAYAPP WINDOW APPEAR ON  MY SCREEN......I HAVE WINDOWS 7.....   MY EMAIL Is        loubarreto.socal@gmail.com                     .........................

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation