06-16-2019 06:47 PM - edited 06-16-2019 06:54 PM
Appreciate help on installing driver software for this new HP Ink Tank 115 on Windows Vista 32 bit.
I was able to download the driver from this link (https://support.hp.com/hk-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-ink-tank-110-series/18165165/model/18165166) but cannot launch the file. I tried other .exe file like the one from my old printer (other brand) and it's working fine.
I'm not a technical person so please bear with me, please let me know if there are other information required to support this query.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-19-2019 03:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try and install the Windows built-in driver: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
06-19-2019 09:00 PM
Thanks for your response but it didn't solve my issue, windows update (Step 3.5 - Click Windows Update, and then wait for the print drivers to update) didn't work after 3 attempts. It says 'Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update'.
06-20-2019 08:15 AM
Let's try adding the drivers of a different model:
- On your keyboard press both the Windows key and R key together.
- In the window that opens, type in the words "Control Printers" and then click OK. This will open the Devices and Printers window.
- Right click on your printer and select Printer properties.
- In the new window, make sure you are viewing the Ports tab, if not then click on Ports at the top. In the Ports tab, locate the name of the port that is currently checked. Write the name of this port on a piece of paper as we will need it later on. When you are done, close this window.
- Back in the Devices and Printers window, click on Add a printer at the top of the window.
- In the window that opens, click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Click on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Once the Windows Update is done, click on HP under Manufacturer and click on HP Deskjet 990c under Printers. ClickNext.
- Give the printer a name.
- On the next window, make sure Do not share this printer is checked. Click Next.
- Leave the Set as the default printer option unchecked. Click Finish.
Let me know how this goes.
I am an HP Employee