Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M1536 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP LaserJet M1536 MFP, which I have been very satisfied with to date.  I was notified recently that there is new Full Feature Software and Driver available.  I downloaded and installed it, but experienced multiple problems doing so.  Most importantly, it did not install the HPScan application.  I spent several hours trying to resolve this but could not restore this capability, which is critical to me.  I ended up reinstalling the original software/drivers package, and am now getting an HPToolbox error message every time I logon. 

The HP LaserJet M1536 Drivers page notes that "Due to the size of this download, HP recommends dial-up customers order this software on CD", but provides no instructions for doing so.  Can anyone advise how to acquire this software on CD, please?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You cannot het the software on a CD for such an older model.

The key is to delete the installation folder from Drive C prior running the installer, then it should successfully install.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you sure you use the latest software? the latest software released a few days ago resolved the HP Scan installation problem, I believe you may had an existing software installation on your PC which prevented the latest software from being actually installed.

Browse to C:\HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1530_MFP_Series and launch Uninstall.exe

Restart the computer as the shown prompt when completing the uninstall.

Browse to C: and delete the HP_LaserJet_Professional_M1530_MFP_Series  folder, then download and install the latest software below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL34693/Im-86005-5/hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick response.  Yes, I uninstalled the original driver & software before installing the updated driver/software package that the HP Support Assistant delivered.  However, that is not what I'm looking for assistance with. 

How can I acquire a copy of the new Full Feature Software and Driver on CD?  Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

You cannot het the software on a CD for such an older model.

The key is to delete the installation folder from Drive C prior running the installer, then it should successfully install.

HP Recommended

That seems to have worked.  Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.