SciTruck
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP drivers from HP.com not installing

HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm trying to installi my older printer on an HP laptop, a Dell laptop and a Toshiba laptop.  I no longer have the actual disks so I went on to the HP website and I'm trying to download the printer's drivers. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1212nf-multifunction-printer-serie...

I've tried to install both ways by selecting RUN and also SAVE.  In both instances, and on all the laptops, after the driver file extracts 100%, the message disappears and nothing happens any further.   I've repeated this several times on all three laptops and nothing.  

Also, when I try to use the Windows 10 Printer Setup, the printer is found as NPI650D76 HP (HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP).  However, there's a message that says "Attention Required" and the files site in the print que also stating "Attention Required." 

I give up I must connect this printer!  Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
25,833 25,561 4,577 9,983
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP drivers from HP.com not installing

Hi,

From Devices and Printers remove any instance of your printer by right clicking it and selecting Remove Device.

Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe
Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation