Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
version 1803
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

I have a hp Laserjet M1132 MFP printer which is working fine with windows 7 laptop. i got a second laptop with windows 10 home edition version 1803. i am trying to install driver for printer in windows 10 and downloaded latest driver from hp website. when i double click the exe file its start extracting and when its 100% its just disappeared and no installation begin. 

i have tried this more then 10 times but same result. Please help me to resolve this issue. Its big trouble i have to start my old laptop just for printing. 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try following below steps and let me know how it goes:

Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation, then check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@zubair14

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I tried downloading the drivers for the HP Laserjet M1132 MFP printer on my Notebook and after extraction, it does come up with the Installation screen.

I suggest you temporarily disable your Firewall and Anti-Virus, then download the Full Feature Software from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m1132-multifunction-print...

Let me know how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

thanks for reply. i disable windows defender antivirus and firewall but its same still after extraction no installation begins.  i have downloaded latest driver from hp site LJM1130_M1210_MFP_full _solution but still problem remain same.

when i connect usb wire of printer it try to install software which block by windows UAC and i dont know how to disable it.

i checked setting but it only gives option notify me or never notify me. just wondering it might be bacuse of it.

seeking our further advice. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try following below steps and let me know how it goes:

Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation, then check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks problem resolved. My printer start working with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I hope someone can help. I have a similar problem in that my Laserjet M1132 have problems installing on Windows 10 after it worked with windows 7.  I did the full download and it does not go beyond extraction then dissapears. I tried the %temp% folder as per previous solution and it seems to start installing and then keeps installing for more than an hour so I stopped it. Any help will be apreciated.

HP Recommended

@Bullimoto,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Step 1. 
Perform a power drain on the Printer and check to see if services are disabled (Dirty Power up) 

While the Printer is On, unplug the power cable from the back of the Printer
Wait for 30 seconds and then plug the power cable back into the Printer 

Setting the Function Discovery Provider Host and the Function Discovery Resource Publication services to Manual.
If these two services are set as Disabled then the install will fail with a Red X in a Network environment after the initial scan find the printer.

These two services just need to be set to manual not automatic or running to get the install to work without giving a Red X.
Try installing the printer again if the services were disabled

Step 2. Repair the MSI file 

Try to repair the MSI file depending on the OS Architecture
Restart the PC and try connecting the Printer 

During installation, if the progress bar stalls for a while during device setup, then go to task manager > Process and check for the number of instances of HP Network Communicator service. If there are multiple entries , then “end Process�? for all the instances and re-try running the installation.

Step 4. Uninstall and Reinstall the SW 
Uninstall the SW completely from uninstall programs
Incase if you are not able to uninstall the Printer SW, please click on the link below and use Microsoft Fix it to remove the SW (Note: MS Fixit is not supported in Windows 10) 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us
Restart the PC
Try installing the complete SW

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here  (Please select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the full feature software for this printer). 
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

To change from a USB connection to a wireless connection

Follow the instructions for your operating system.

Windows

1. On the computer desktop, click Start, select Programs or All Programs, click HP, select

your printer name, and then click Printer Setup & Software.

2. Click Connect a new printer, and then click Convert a USB connected printer to

wireless.

3. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

For more details, please follow this support document for - HP Printers - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

If the issue persists, try additional steps below

1. Run “netsh winsock reset�? from a a CMD prompt (run as administrator)
  2. Try changing the channel to 11 if something else is selected
  3. Try changing the mode to mixed mode ( B&G ) (Network power drain would also be a prefer option)
  4. NW Power Drain
    • Make sure the power cable is unplugged from the Router & Modem
    • Than unplug the power cable from the Printer and then the PC
    • Connect them in the same sequence
  5. Try Restoring the NW default in the Printer and also Re-set can be tried
  6. Try connecting the Printer again

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp laserjet  M1132 MFP printer driver

HP Recommended

Allah razı olsun,sayenizde sorunu çözdüm,sabahtan beri uğraşıyorum,başıma ağrılar girmişti.Teşekkür ederim.

HP Recommended

@pinarbasi_

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

Spanish: HP Comunidad
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.