Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1006
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi All !

My (aging) Lenovo z60m laptop runs Windows Seven Ultimate 32-bit on an English MUI language pack (operating system installation was in a non-English parent language, namely: Greek).

During installation, the HP P1006 driver automatically selects and ends up installing itself in the system native (Greek) user interface.

Because of this in Printing Preferences certain drop-down lists to show illegible characters (see pictures), which makes the thing unusable.

hp3.pnghp2.pnghp1.png

The garbled display error occurs even if I unistall the HP printer driver and re-install having returned the MS windows operating system display back to its native Greek. 

Is there a way to have the HP driver auto install in English please and to show correctly the drop-down lists as it should?

Thanks for your help.

Antonis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@panaglaw,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I recommend you perform a root level uninstall and reinstall the driver and check whether the issue is resolved.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL20938/bi-54963-7/hp_LJ_P1005_P1505_Full_Solution_ROW.ex...

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@panaglaw,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I recommend you perform a root level uninstall and reinstall the driver and check whether the issue is resolved.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL20938/bi-54963-7/hp_LJ_P1005_P1505_Full_Solution_ROW.ex...

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would also suggest ensuring the language settings are correctly configured for your PC.

From the Control Panel select the Clock, language & Region, then select Region & Language.

Ensure that both the Format and Administrative tab are set correctly as English and not as Greek ( I would guess the Administrative Settings might be the key).

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you ! Worked like a charm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.