Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to install my HP Officejet Pro 6970 on a Windows (7-64), I get the following message:
Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error 1627 for the 'c: \ Program Files \ HP \ HP Officejet Pro 6970 \ DriverStore \ Yeti \ hpygid20.inf' package.

What could be happening here? Can anybody help me?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @JaugSendim

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

Step 1 HP Print and Scan Doctor - 

Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Step 2 Re-install the printer drivers - 

1 In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2 Look for HP Printer software.

3 Right-click to uninstall.

4 In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5 In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6 Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7 Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8 Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9 Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10 Select Ok.

11 Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12 Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13 Restart the computer.

14 Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15 Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I had already done these procedures several times. But, I think the problem is in Windows 7-64, because I was able to install on two other computers that I have at home (Mac and Win 10). The driver provided by HP for this printer has some incompatibility with Windows 7-64. That's the truth.

Thank you for your attempt to help me, but, I continue with the problem.

Regards,

JaugSendim

HP Recommended

Hi @JaugSendim

Please try adding built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I had tried this installer program but it didn't work. Interestingly, the printer appears in the list of devices, but not as a printer. It appears only as a device. When I install the drivers in Win 7, the installation fails and the message "Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error for the package 1627 for the package 'C: \ Program Files \ HP \ HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 \ DriverStore \ Yeti \ hpygid20.inf'.

My computer recognizes that there is a device there. But, Win 7 does not let the drivers be installed, I don't know why.

I did an interesting experiment: I rebooted the computer through the pen drive using Linux Ubuntu, without installation in the machine. This recognized the printer and printed a page normally. This makes me understand that the problem may be in version of Windows 7 64 that is installed on the machine.

I already tried all the procedures indicated in the HP support pages and all the tips that you gave me but nothing worked. I think there is some incompatibility between the version of my Windows 7 64 and the HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 printer driver installers. Actually, I didn't activate the automatic updates from Microsoft because, although I have the Windows 7 Professional operating system installed, registered and activated by Microsoft for many years, I don't trust Microsoft. They make a lot of mistakes that debilitate the performance of my computer. I work with audio recording and video editing and I can not put in risk the 4 terabytes of information I have on this machine. So I don't trust in Microsoft. I hope you undestand my situation.

I thank you immensely of all attempts to help me. But, the fight against Microsoft's OS issues continues!

Let's keep trying? Or do we give up?

Best regards my friend!

JaugSendim

HP Recommended

@JaugSendim

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region so that they can take a remote access to help you resolve this issue. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't think so because it seems the problem is not on HP but on Microsoft OS.

Thank you, anyway!

Regards!

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @JaugSendim,

As you have already tried uninstalling the printer from the root level and then reinstalling the full feature software which did not help in resolving the issue. 

Moreover you have also tried to install the printer using Windows built in drivers and unfortunately this has not helped. 

In this scenario, as you suggested it could be an issue with the Operating system. 

I would personally suggest you uninstall the printer drivers and then create a new user account. 

Select the Windows Start menu button.
Select Control Panel. 
Select User Accounts. 
Select Manage another account. 
Select Create a new account. 
In the New Account Name text box, type a name for the new account. 
I recommend that you create a Administrator user account

Once done, restart the computer and then login to the new user account. 

After you have logged in to the new user account, please go ahead and reinstall the printer drivers and check if that works. 

Let me know the outcome!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.