Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to print a photo on Windows 10 using my HP OfficeJet 8720 I am unable to choose "Other Photo InkJet Photo Papers" as an option. Initially, it wouldn't show up in the list at all. After I unchecked this below, you could choose it - but it would revert back to Plain Paper. What is happening? It's important to note that I upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but I also uninstalled all my printer software and reinstalled - and it works fine otherwise. Please advise, thanks!

hp8720-pohoto.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can download the HP FULL featured software from the link below?

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

Go to Software - Utility and download the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories"

Full SW OJP 8720.jpg

This resource actually walks through the Software install (after you have downloaded the FULL featured software from the link above)

After successful installation, you can select the Photo paper from the drop down list of the Printer driver.

OJP 8720 photo paper options.jpg

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.