Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One Printer Problems printing ...

I select a Doc on PC windows 10 to Print I select the Print and it appears to start printing but nothing prints 

The printer scrolls through all the paper in the printer and then says Out of Paper 

If I load more paper it scrolls again 

until I cancl the print job on the printer 

On the Printer I have aligned and cleaned the print catridges 

On the PC I think I have loaded the 

HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One Printer Drivers 

Suggestions How to fix? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jimh0318

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the HP Officejet 6310 AIO printer isn't printing or prints blank pages,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the paper to ensure it isn't too fibrous or bad quality?

Have you checked the printer settings to select appropriate options to create a successful print?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step one: Check the paper

Verify that the paper type is appropriate for the project. If the paper is too fibrous, the ink applied by the printer might not fully cover the print surface.

Step two: Check the print settings

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File and then click Print. The Print dialog box opens.

2. Verify that your printer is selected and then click Properties. The printer Properties dialog box opens.

3. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab.

4. In the What do you want to do? menu, select a task.

The What do you want to do? menu lists most printing needs, but you might need to modify some of the options.

Options on the Printing Shortcuts tab include:

• Print quality: If you are unhappy with the quality of your printouts, try increasing the print quality. To print more quickly, try decreasing the print quality.

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, choose it rather than Automatic.

• Paper size: Make sure this matches your paper.

Additional options: click the Basics tab, then click Advanced Features. The Advanced Features window opens.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Also, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.