Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
VMware Virtual machine
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

HP Driver program designated for Windows XP Pro x64 OS is HP Program software OJ6960  1910A.exe and does NOT  install.

I have tried it several times as well as the x32 program and they will NOT install. I have tried every thing I know of and nothing works. All other VMware Windows Programs such as XP Pro x32; Windows 7 pro x32/x64 and Vista Business x64 all install with the HP designated driver package, BUT  this one does NOT.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft since April 2014..

HP has offered XP support till recently, but for 32-bit operating systems only..

Regarding the OS selection I will notify HP in hope to get the OS list updated.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The drivers are not designed for Windows XP 64-bit, I afraid there are no drivers for the operating system which is not supported.

64-bit support is offered for Windows 7 or later only

Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer. 
Windows Vista®: (32-bit only), 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8. 
Windows® XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only)

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FXO5ipNmS.pdf

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you. 

The Windows XP 64 Bit selection should then be removed from the Selection Menu to change the OS to select the correct driver on the Support Website!

Also, in that case why is Windows XP 32 bit drivers available since XP in it's entirety is not supported?

Again, thank you.

HP Recommended

Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft since April 2014..

HP has offered XP support till recently, but for 32-bit operating systems only..

Regarding the OS selection I will notify HP in hope to get the OS list updated.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you for the follow-up. I hope that all goes well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.