Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I received be printer today. I am having difficulty calibrating the printer settings to print pdf files in ISO A3 full bleed on this printer. I want exact copies of the files printed without a border as with a border ruins the scaling of the layout.
How do I set the printer to print in A3 landscape with no border?
They are exported .pdf files from CAD so the pages are calibrated and fit perfectly on A3 paper, 420mm x 297mm. I have to say without this function being possible means I cannot print ‘to scale’ construction detail drawings. The printer was advertised to me as being capable of borderless printing in all paper sizes.

Many thanks
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@mat070984

Please note

The printer supports borderless printing on Photo / Card Paper only.

The pritner supports duplex / booklet printing on Plain Paper only.

Additionally both cannot be set at once, once enabling two sided printing borderless printing is not supported, as well the opposite applies..

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Hi,

This is not mentioned in your advertising of the printer. If this printer cannot print full pages, in either A3 or A4 what would be the point in having a printer at all?...
I think you can understand my frustration.
I cannot print plans on photo card. So the printer I have bought is rendered unusable?

Many thanks

Matt
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any consumer HP Officejet Inkjet printer allow borderless printing on special media only, a such cannot be done on a Plain Paper.

This is clearly listed by the printer specifications for any printer..

You may review its specs below, see Paper-handling specifications > Paper size options:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-7610-wide-format-e-all-in-one-series/5153788/model...

It clearly list which paper type support Borderless Pritning with a * mark and the minimum margins for any type accordingly.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Ok, thankyou for your time.
HP Recommended

How do HP get away with it? I've just got myself an OfficeJet 7612 on the premise it printed A3 documents, duplex and borderless. Could I get it to work - no! So I rang up Support only to be told it was not possibly unless you were using photopaper. Great, how good is that? How many offices want only to print large photos edge-to-edge all the time - if ever. But how many want to print A3 documents on plain paper which look like the original? Oh yes it's written in the small print of the on-line spec with a non-* alongside A3 but  this severe limitation is not exactly brought to ones attention. I've been sold a pig-in-poke, wasted my money! One thing for sure I will not be buying HP again. Thank you HP for wasting my money and my time and that of many other disappointed customers I'm sure.

HP Recommended

Hello man! Had the same problem and it s very frustrating but i managed to SOLVE this: To print borderless A3 on HP 7612 without photo paper u need to :

1.  Convert PDF to JPG !!!

2. Print JPG with these options: a. Fit picture to frame and b. Select borderless printing in advanced options.

3. Enjoy finaly and lose all frustration on this issue 🙂 .

Hope it will help u.

HP Recommended

Where exactly did you perform this step? I'm on a Mac and have tried Preview and Adobe Acrobat and can't find any advanced options even after downloading the printer driver. 

2. Print JPG with these options: a. Fit picture to frame and b. Select borderless printing in advanced options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.