Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 8500 doesn't clear print orders

HP Officejet 8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some time now, my HP Officejet 8500 doesn't seem to clear the cache (?) after printing a document and/or simply doesn't print a document and keeps it waiting to be printed. Sometimes it prints after an hour or so. Sometimes not.
Running the problem solver sometimes results in printing the last print again, not in printing the next file to be printed.

The problem also occurred shortly after attaching the printer to another computer, so it seems to have something to do with the software in the printer.

HP Officejet 8600 words fine on both computers.

How can I solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
75585 75470 9245 19928
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@iinneke 

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I think you need to remove the queue. For Windows, please try:

Hold down the Windows key and press R.
  From the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.
  If the machine asks for Admin you have to accept this, 
  Look down to the print spooler service, right click it and select properties
  Click on the Stop button,
  Browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\printers or C:\Windows\System\Spool\printers (this may be hidden)
  Delete the job inside this folder
  Reboot the machine

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
iinneke Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!
The problem seems to be resolved for now, but I hope it sticks, because after swapping my printers it worked fine for a week or so, and then the same problem occurred, so I will wait a while to make sure the problem indeed is solved now.

By the way, there was no file in the map mentioned, on neither computer.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
iinneke Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it was a very temporary fix. Now both printers have the same problem.

The message appears that there is still a file in queue, even if there isn't, which prevents printing.
Printed files are not deleted or only after quite some time.

Is there anything else I can do?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation