Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (9,184 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet J4680 - Windows 10

Product Name: Officejet J4680
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have upgraded my OS from Win 7 to 10.

While on my Laptop the HP programs and printer detection worked (WiFI), on my PC it failed to recognise my printer which was installed.

by pugging its USB cable it did recognise it as a scanner and it is working thru the windows scanner program

Adding another printer thru the devices control panel find it as web connected but does not print.

Finally in the HP site I found a suitable download for WIN 10, but download constantely fails as begginning to, even after cancelling the fire walls.

Bottom line - I cannot use my printer on the PC with WIN 10

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Officejet J4680 - Windows 10

Hi @Shlom,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are having trouble using your HP Officejet J4680 printer, on the Windows 10 Operating System. I am happy to help! 

To verify the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to print a test page? Video: Printing a Test Page.

In the meantime, please try the following steps: 

Hope these steps help, and have a nice day! 

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (9,130 Views)

Hi @Shlom,

I see that you are having trouble using your HP Officejet J4680 printer, on the Windows 10 Operating System. I am happy to help! 

To verify the printer's hardware is functional, are you able to print a test page? Video: Printing a Test Page.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (9,115 Views)

Thank you

It did succeed. I had some trouble because I was asked to open a new account which resulted with an additional user onthe computer and different setting.

However, It worked and I have cancelled the new user so everything is OK

Student
Message 4 of 5 (6,287 Views)

Does this fix work for the similar problem I am having with my HP OJ 4630 since downloading the Windows 10 update?

RnRMusicMan wrote:

Hi @Shlom,

Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,043 Views)

When installing software for printerJ4680 on HP notebook there is no text in the User License Agreement under the Review Installation window. In Internet Connection Settings the buttons for selecting options are there, but no text. Destination folder has folder icon. but nothing else. Customize window shows the options, no other text. After making selections, some of which are guesses because there is text missing, "NEXT" button does not respond.Also the antivirus was disabled. I've tried installing off of CD and  downloading from internet with the same results. Tried uninstalling printer software under programs, but this printer is not there. I have connected this printer to this notebook before and have printed things from it and the printer works fine with the desktop. But  i really need to scan to Email and have full function with it now. PLease respond this has gotten aggravating. Thanks Darado

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation