cancel
Intern
Intern
17 7 3 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP PAGEWIDE Pro 477DW --Energysaver Option : Schedule OFF not working (BAD Firmware --> BUG?)

HP PageWide Pro MFP 477DW
Linux

PROBLEM: EnergySaver Option Schedule OFF NOT working:

I has used the printer control screen and the EWS program through the computer to set the energysaver option schedule power ON and OFF.   However, the schedule OFF never turns off the printer.  The schedule works to turn ON the printer every day at the set time but it have NEVER turns OFF the printer at the set time.

I have the latest firmware version: MAVEDWPP1N001.1921E.00  Built Date 2019-05-23

Question:

- Is anyone else having this problem?  (If this is working for you please let me know.)

- Does anyone have any solutions?

- I  have HPprint/email print -- could this cause it?

The 477DW manual stated I should be able to set a schedule to auto-turn off the printer/fax after business hours but it will not turn off.

If this option is working for you, please let me know.   

Energy Saver options: Sleep: after 5 minutes, Schedule ON: 8:00 am everyday Schedule OFF: 8:00 pm  everyday

Time/Date: verified correct 

Ethernet: direct wired

Wireless: off

What I have tried:

Per HP customer support:  turn off and reboot, do NOT use a powerstrip, disconnect ethernet at night

I still do not understand the powerstrip requirement ( is this the same for a extension cord?)

Thank yo

1 REPLY 1
Intern
Intern
17 7 3 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP PAGEWIDE Pro 477DW --Energysaver Option : Schedule OFF not working (BAD Firmware --> BUG?)

The answer is that the printer goes into a "Standby" mode and does NOT power off.  The power button will blink the same as if the machine in sleeping (standby mode).   

Why HP Support or other users did not point me to this link is now the bigger question. 

HEY HP Support, please read your documents on your HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The link is below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05310227

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation