Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where can I get the HP PSC 500 driver for window 7?

btw the pritner is connected on another computer (window xp) and i'm trying to connect to the printer through wifi network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can add the printer as follows:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a printer, Add a Local Printer, Create a New Port, Local Port, \\XPcomputername\PSC500sharename  (use the correct XP computer share and PSC 500 share names), Next, Windows Update then select the HP PSC 500.

PSC 500.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

hi!

•install the printer using usb cable first on your win7 pc. Click here for instructions.

•get the ip of the printer

•on your win7 pc go to "Printers and Other Devices" under Control Panel

•Right-click on the printer icon and Left-click on printer properties

•Go to ports and click on "Add a Port"

•Choose TCP/IP

•add the ip address as the printer name

•Click Apply / OK

Hope it works!

(i may represent HP but this advice is solely my own)
HP Recommended

any other way to do it?, I don't have a usb cable for the printer

HP Recommended

You can add the printer as follows:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a printer, Add a Local Printer, Create a New Port, Local Port, \\XPcomputername\PSC500sharename  (use the correct XP computer share and PSC 500 share names), Next, Windows Update then select the HP PSC 500.

PSC 500.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I got to that screen, but I can't find HP PSC 500, but I see HP PSC 1500 series which I'm guessing is the wrong one? (I'm on window 7 bit64)

HP Recommended

irich25 wrote:

I got to that screen, but I can't find HP PSC 500, but I see HP PSC 1500 series which I'm guessing is the wrong one? (I'm on window 7 bit64)

I am not sure what the issue is, but I am using the 64 bit Windows 7 as well.  Are you using the released version of 7100 or earlier?  Did you click on the "Windows Update" bar and wait for the screens to refresh?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

oh I see, thanks got it now 😃

HP Recommended

Here you can download all drivers and a guide to install your PSC 500:

http://www.4shared.com/file/u3CdISY9/Drivers_HP_PS​C_500-Win_7.html  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@magodohardware wrote:

Here you can download all drivers and a guide to install your PSC 500:

http://www.4shared.com/file/u3CdISY9/Drivers_HP_PS​C_500-Win_7.html  Thanks!

This post is nealy a year old, the OP has probably moved on by now. 

The above link appears to only have a solution for 32 bit systems and the (detailed) instructions are in Portugese.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

win 7 driver, help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.