Bilton-IT-Dept Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pagewide 377dw endless paper JAM

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have two Pagewide 377dw's that we purchased a year ago. Last week we had the first one start throwing a endless paper jam on left side with no resolution. With only a few days left on warranty, HP came out and determined that the unit needs to be replaced. Unit gets replaced and is now working fine.

Second unit a week later is now having the exact same jam issue on the left side as the first printer did. Just no warranty to get it resolved by HP.

I did have auto-updates on for both the units, so I am guessing that a firmware update might be causing an issue. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware to see if that has any affect on the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Professor
Professor
2,473 2,147 191 383
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you can get  a copy of an older firmware you should be able to manually force the older firmware on it. When you say jamming on the left side do you mean in the exit assembly area? Check and make sure that all paper sizes on printer and on the driver match. Avoid using Any size option as it causes problems at times. I would hold their feet to the fire it it turns out to be a another bad machine and not a setting issue. In terms of warranty, I know that parts we order are covered for 90 or end of standard warranty, whichever is longer.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
Bilton-IT-Dept Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"If you can get  a copy of an older firmware you should be able to manually force the older firmware on it."

This is where I am having the issue. My Google-Fu is failing me on finding older firmware that is not the executable. I am looking for the file for USB or another way that will allow and older version to be deployed.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation