Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520 series

Hello, I have a Photosmart 7520 which has been working well until about an hour ago when I requested that it print a double sided letter for me.  The paper moved into the machine, the printing noise came, it waited with the message 'Ink Drying' then made the noise as though printing the second side and both sides were completely blank.  This happened 3 times.  I ran a Printer Status report and the Photo level was empty, Magenta, Cyan, Yellow and Black all showed colours, but it still didn't produce any text.  The Photo level cannot be empty as a brand new HP cartridge was fitted on the 3 May and I have only printed three items since then.  I have removed and replaced each cartridge in turn, switched the machine off and on, but it still refuses to print any text and the Printer Status report is still showing the Photo ink level as empty.  I should be most grateful for some assistance as I cannot understand what has happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Motherbird,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding printing issues. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

Commendable diagnosis, superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off you on that score. 🙂

• Did you try to make a few copies directly from the printer to check if it prints fine?
  • Did you try to check if the packing material on the cartridge has been removed?

• For a start please check the packing material on the cartridge.
  • Remove and reinstall the cartridge?
  • Please bypass power strips and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet?

• Then make 2 copies directly from the printer. If it does not copy fine, then please contact HP phone support to for further assistance as the printer may have a hardware issue.
  • Please follow all the steps in this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/model/51...  before contacting HP phone support and check if this resolves the issue.
  • Please perform these steps patiently as it is critical to try and resolve the issue.
  • Link to contact HP phone support: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. It could be fee-based as the printer is out of warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Motherbird,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding printing issues. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

Commendable diagnosis, superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off you on that score. 🙂

• Did you try to make a few copies directly from the printer to check if it prints fine?
  • Did you try to check if the packing material on the cartridge has been removed?

• For a start please check the packing material on the cartridge.
  • Remove and reinstall the cartridge?
  • Please bypass power strips and connect the printer directly to the wall outlet?

• Then make 2 copies directly from the printer. If it does not copy fine, then please contact HP phone support to for further assistance as the printer may have a hardware issue.
  • Please follow all the steps in this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/model/51...  before contacting HP phone support and check if this resolves the issue.
  • Please perform these steps patiently as it is critical to try and resolve the issue.
  • Link to contact HP phone support: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. It could be fee-based as the printer is out of warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Motherbird,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.