Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C5180 driver issue Windows 10. Error 8, [ (0, 12, -2147467259) ]. Won't scan - if I can get as far as starting a scan through HP solution centre then scan will usually get about a quarter down the page and then come up with an error. At the moment I can't get this far and received the above error. When I run the HP print and scan doctor it says there is a driver issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. In the past this has got the scanner to work for a period of time but at the moment I am having no joy. No issues with printing.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@DOdoubleG,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues scanning.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you able to make a copy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then reinstall it and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately its the same issue after following the above. This time I got the error - 4,[(0,12,80004005),(2,7,80040007),(3,&,0)]

The copy functions works fine.

Any other ideas would be welcome!

Thanks

HP Recommended

@DOdoubleG,

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer and then install the printer on the new user account and check whether the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps in the below article to create a new user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried installing through another user but got same error 4,[(0,12,80004005),(2,7,80040007),(3,7,0)].

Any other ideas or is this a lost cause?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

May you able to install and scan from the HP Scan Extended application?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Still no good.

When I run the extended HP scan an error comes up 'scanner communication cannot be established....'

When I run the print and scan doctor for scanning it gets stuck on the driver check - I am convinced its a driver issue caused by a windows 10 upgrade (or just windows 10!).

I have an HP laptop so its a shame that two HP products cannot communicate with each other and are giving me so much grief 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below steps and let me know if that may help:

From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning, may you see any difference?

If not,  is the printer connected via USB or through the network?

Shlomi

HP Recommended

No difference unfortunately. Same error as before 4[(0,12,80004005),(2,7,80040007),(3,7,0)]

I did also have issues with the printer earlier where it wasn't printing the whole page but that is possible to fix by turning off and on and restarting laptop.

I use a USB connector. I'm not on a network or anything complicated.

Thanks for not giving up! Is there anything else I can provide from my laptop to help?

HP Recommended

First, make sure you are able to perform a color copy on the printer, to deny any possible hardware-related problem.

Once verifying its copy functionality, try moving the USB cable to another port at the back of your PC, make sure the cable is not longer than 1.8-2 meters long. Make sure it is directly connected to the computer and not via any USB hub or extension.

If the same results are given, try using another USB cable and check if you may see any difference.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.