Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Print and Scan Doctor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I want to completely remove the HP Print and Scan Doctor from my Win 10 system. And I am not seemingly allowed to.

In trying to get a printer installed on Win 10, I tried using the software, HP Print and Scan Doctor. The software itself worked fine, but removing HP Print and Scan Doctor has been impossible.

I have read the boards. One suggests going to my temp folder and erasing the data there. Another two posts say that you just have to delete the .exe file in your download folder and the program is removed.

The first doesn't work, the second is simply not true. This is how I know. After I deleted all my temp files and the .exe in my download folder, I attempted to re-install the program to see if it still came up with the licensing agreement.

It did not. This means it remains hidden somewhere on my system.

HPP&SD is, at the very least, low-grade spy ware. 1: It does not give you an uninstall option anywhere. 2: You cannot delete it using any uninstall feature. 3: It essentially tells you it is spyware in the agreement where you click "accept", that it will collect data on you. However, it does not say that you cannot uninstall it after the fact.

Thus, I would like to request that some HP guru out there come up with an option for a clean removal of this program. I've tried anti-spyware and other options, but it doesn't work. A clean removal is easily tested. It allows me to remove the program so when I try to re-install it, I'm given the option of agreeing or not to the terms of use of the program.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, and for me, someone who has had many HP products in my life, an invasive program like this produced by HP does not make me want to support the products or the company in any way.

Thank you.

Computer sales and engineers who assume they know best what end users want usually produce the worst results and offer only frustration.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tortuga123,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with uninstalling the HP Print an Scan Doctor program.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you download and run the Microsoft tool to remove this program from the link: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.