Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6200

I am installing Win10-64 bit on a new PC, no previous installation or upgrades. No antivirus running except Windows Defender.

Downloaded the latest drivers/software package for HP Envy 6200 Series, EN6200_Full_WebPack_44.4.2678.exe.

Installation was ok, printer was recognized in the network with its IP address, I can print and scan.

However, when I start Printer Assistant (icon on the desktop), it restarts again the installation like the printer was not already installed, and prompts me again to run "DeviceSetup.exe".

I have other PC's with Win7 where the Printer Assistant works well.

Any idea ? (please do not ask me to remove/reinstall drivers since - as told above - this is completely new installation with latest software version).

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Proceeding with the troubleshooting, I installed th Envy 6200 software on another laptop with Win10 Italian version, and the problem was the same.

Looking in the forum, I found a case where the user mentioned that a reboot after install was needed to have the printer working.

I applied the same procedure, and it worked.

I did the following:

1) Un-install the entire sw package

2) Reboot

3) Re-installed the entire sw package - printer found and configured

4) Before running Printer Assistant, reboot again

5) After the restart, Printer Assistant works

It could be nice to know the reason of this problem, but probably SW R&D will never tell us... welcome to Win 10 !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

An additional info:

I noticed on another Win10 PC in the same network (corporate PC) the Printer Assistant works OK.

The only difference is the corporate PC runs Win10 English version, while the new PC I am installing runs Win10 Italian version.

Could this be a localization issue ?

The command executed by the shortcut is:

"C:\Program Files\HP\HP ENVY Photo 6200 series\Bin\HP ENVY Photo 6200 series.exe" -Start UDCDevicePage

I can think there is an issue to detect the information saved about the installed printer, so the program switches to a new installation every time ?

HP Recommended

Proceeding with the troubleshooting, I installed th Envy 6200 software on another laptop with Win10 Italian version, and the problem was the same.

Looking in the forum, I found a case where the user mentioned that a reboot after install was needed to have the printer working.

I applied the same procedure, and it worked.

I did the following:

1) Un-install the entire sw package

2) Reboot

3) Re-installed the entire sw package - printer found and configured

4) Before running Printer Assistant, reboot again

5) After the restart, Printer Assistant works

It could be nice to know the reason of this problem, but probably SW R&D will never tell us... welcome to Win 10 !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.