Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ColorLaserJet CM2320MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have an HP Colorlaserjet CM2320 MFP.   If we install this printer/drivers on any of our computers that also use Pulse Secure Desktop Client for a VPN connection, the VPN connection disconnects and reconnects continually cause problems with other software we are using.   This VPN connection issue does NOT happen if we have never install the CM2320 printer.    Uninstalling the printer and all HP software does not rectify the problem either.  There must be some leftover software/files even after uninstall.   I've tried to uninstall all HP software using Revo and deleleting files/folders manually, and using the L3 or L4 uninstall.     We've spend a lot of time working with the folks at Pulse Secure and they agree that it is a printer issues.    The ONLY way we can stay connected to theVPN using the Pulse Secure Desktop client is to stop the Windows Printer Spooler before making the VPN connection.  Again,  this only happens on computers after the HP CM2320 MFP printer is install.  There are no VPN problems if we never install this printer.    

Is there any way to completely uninstall this printer and HP software with doing a complete format and install of Windows?

Thank in adavance for any and all help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Have you ensured there are no reminders of the print driver? From the Control Panel > View Devices and Printers ensure the printer driver been removed.

Next from the Run dialog type printui.exe /s

Within the Drivers tab ensure you remove any instance of the printer by selecting to remove both the printer driver and its package.

May you see any diference?

If not, do you have any other HP printers installed on the computer? eitehr under Devices and Printers or under Programs and Features?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, Have you ensured there are no reminders of the print driver? From the Control Panel > View Devices and Printers ensure the printer driver been removed.

Next from the Run dialog type printui.exe /s

Within the Drivers tab ensure you remove any instance of the printer by selecting to remove both the printer driver and its package.

May you see any diference?

If not, do you have any other HP printers installed on the computer? eitehr under Devices and Printers or under Programs and Features?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  

Yes,  I have removed all HP printers, software and related drivers.   I followed your steps again just to make sure.     I have a feeling there are some leftover pieces of the HP drivers or software still buried in Windows somewhere.    Is there any other way to completely removed all HP files from Windows.

The only way to keep the VPN connection stable is to stop the Printer Spooler service before making the VPN connection.

Again,  this VPN worked correctly until the I installed the CM2320 MFP.    

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank You Shlomil,

I followed your suggestion of removing the drivers by using the printui.exe /s.    This did the trick!    Our VPN now stays connected.     I also re-installed just the print drivers for the CM2320.  We don't need the full software suite as we don't use this for faxing.   

HP Recommended

So I too had this issue and removing the HP printer/software/drivers as well as cleaning up the drivers in the printerui.exe /s has fixed the VPN issue.  Now here is the real question, how can I use my HP printer?  I have a HP Color Laser Jet Pro M252dw.  At this point I have resolved to the fact that I have to email my items to the printer in order to get them printed.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with the LaserJet PRO MFP M477fnw.

Pulse VPN loses connection constantly unless I stop the print spooler.

There should be a resolution FROM hp on this. Need to know what I need to do to use the printer I bought.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. I have an HP printer Color Laserjet Pro MFP M377dw. In fact, the problem was not the driver himself, but the OCR (I.R.I.S. OCR). After uninstalling it, my Pulse Secure VPN connexion is stable! 🙂 And my printer is working. I just can't use the OCR with the scanner, but I don't need it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.