Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet J6450 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Printers - Print Jobs Disappear from the Print Queue but Do Not Print.

I seen this error before, but I can't remember the solution.

Dell computer, Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP j6450 connected wirelessly (WIFI)

Tried reinstalling drivers and all related HP software (full install).

No error messages. Print job just spools to the queue, looks like its prints, and then just disappears from the queue. But it never prints out.

I might just try the drivers only. I don't know.

Thanks in advance for your help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Geek Squad did what nobody else could do. They fixed the problem. The printer works again.

The problem was a bad driver that the HP software would not remove. Even though I re-installed the HP software a thousand times, the HP software kept using the wrong driver. He manually deleted the bad drivers and re-installed the software. 

All is good again. 

Problem Solved.... Thanks to the Geek Squad.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this self help document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04372450

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks... I saw that but it was for Windows 8. I wonder if it would work for Windows 10. I mean it has you renaming DLL's. 

I also wonder if I am the only one having this problem.  I would think nobody with Windows 10 is working.  Or is this printer so old, nobody is using it on Windows 10? I don't know. But I will probably give that a try.

HP Recommended

I tried that fix for Windows 8, but that did not work. Any other suggestions?

The printer is still NOT working...

HP Recommended

I took the printer and installed it on a Windows Vista PC and the printer works perfectly.

So we now know there is nothing wrong with the printer. 

It has to be in the Windows 10/HP drivers, somewhere???

The working drivers on the Windows Vista PC are dated 5/3/2007 Ver 10.1.1.3.  These work perfectly.

But I still can't get it to work on my Windows 10 PC.

Anybody have any ideas? Should I be looking somewhere else. Maybe contact Dell?

HP Recommended

Hi @Print-Error

1. Can you try to update the Win 10 OS for any latest updates

2. Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

greenturtle.

Thanks for your help.  I will follow your instructions tomorrow. I will let you know.. 

Thanks again for helping me..

HP Recommended

Ok, this is what I did.

I ununstalled all the HP software from the the Windows "Program and Features"  Control Pannel screen. ( I could not find a HP uninstall program).

Once all the HP software was removed and all the reboots were completed, I downloaded the FULL feature software.

Then I did the install from the download directory.

The install went well. I did cancel the part where it wanted to configure the FAX feature, because I don't use it.

I configured it as a USB device.

After is was all finished, I ran a test and it did the same thing. The print job goes to the print queue and disapears. Nothing prints.

Next I reconfigured it to be wireless. Unpluged the USB connections. During the wireless configuration, it prints a WIRELESS NETWORK TEST REPORT. This printed out just fine.

Next I go to print some simple text from Notepad and the same thing occurs. It goes to the print queue and disapears. Nothing prints.

Next I test the printer using my Android tablet and my print job works perfectly. 

So there appears to be nothing wrong with the printer as Android devices prints fine. But my Dell Windows 10 can not print with my HP J6450 printer.

What else can I try. Re-install the Windows 10 operating system. Windows 10 is up-to-date on my Dell.

HP Recommended

I also moved the printer over to a Vista machine and hooked it up vis USB and it worked fine.

Maybe it just does now work with Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Why would the "Wireless Network Test Report"  print out but nothing else?

Does that not use the spooler?

Anybody else have any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.