Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How Do I set the printer to scan to outlook instead of scanning straight to email?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning from the front panel by selecting Scan > Email scans directly to a mail server, not to a softwre on your PC..

To scan to Outlook you should use the HP Scan Software by using Scan to Computer.

From the printer click Scan > Computer, then select your computer's nmame from the printer screen.

Click the listed Scan Shortcut, then select PDF to Email and press Scan.

An outlook new message dialog opens on your PC by the HP Scan Software if Outlook is configured as the defautl mail client.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, is there any way to override it and get the outlook window pop up? This is the way I was used with the old 8625

HP Recommended

when you select Scan > Computer and select PDF to Email Outlook should be launched on your PC screen with the scan attached.

If that doesn't happens, what exactly opens on your PC?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I just saw there is a little secret menu to choose from. Problem solved

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.