Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Scan. The HP OfficeJet 5200 was not found

On wifi DIRECT the scanner will not connect.

Note there is not a problem with the printer connecting.

After installing the software (done 3 times) the scanner will connect and works.

However after he printer has been used the scanner no longer connects.

All your "help" ONLY talks about the printer, which is always OK.

The problem is the SCANNER on DIRECT wifi.

It would appear an error in your software turns off the scanner permanently when the printer is used.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SNPRC

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have updated firmware.

Have installed full feature program.

Further experimentation shows that if we only use the "HP OfficeJet 5200 series-HP Scan" program to scan and only print from a source program (i.e word processor etc) then the scan continues to work.  However if we open the HP printer 5200 general program (has a black icon) then connection to the scanner is permanently lost.

Perhaps an error in the general program?

Trying to install on another windows machine resulted in the scanner being accessible but the printing facility was lost!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the below steps and see if that may make any difference:

From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer, make sure you are connected to the printer and try scanning, may you see any difference?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks but right clicking on command line only gives the option "paste", no run as admin.

Running then comes up with "access denied".

Also it advised that there needs to be a space after the =, which we did.

As an update, starting the computer today, we have no access to either the printer or scanner.

HP Recommended

OK. Found the trick for "run as admin".

Can now print.

Will check out further later.

Thanks again, will advise if it is a "fix".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.