Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 5520 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this printer for about 4 years but have only just needed to use the HP Smart app - but it is all in German. Everything else I use is in English - and I mean EVERYTHING. How do I get the app in English?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK I had the same problem with Hebrew. And this is how I solved it.

1 Uninstall HP Smart APP

2 Go to your windows language settings and remove German and probably any other non English language too.

3 You now have English as the only language on your computer.

4 Re install HP Smart from the App store and try it

5 It should now be in English

6 Go back to languages and get back your German or whatever else.

7 HP Smart should still be in English

All the best from Manchester UK

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Compo59

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to install HP Smart App in English. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Uninstall the HP Smart App on your device.

Reinstall the HP Smart App English version.

Click here and refer the document to download and to know how to use HP Smart app.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the original version, downloaded the new version from the link you gave but it is still in German.

This is the URL of the link behind your message:- https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfhwlh

HP Recommended

Hello, @Compo59

I see that you were interacting with @sandytechy20. He is out of the office and I'd like to help 🙂

I understand that the HP Smart app is in German while downloading from the Windows Store. I'd suggest using the original HP printer driver to perform the printer operations. This comes with the HP Scan application which will help you scan and many other options to manage your printer. 

You can install it from here (if not installed already):http://hp.care/2qG1qmg 

Once installed, double-click the printer icon on the desktop to access the printer software.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I uninstalled the German version then downloaded and installed from the link you gave. There was no printer icon on the desktop as you suggested so I couldn't click on anything. I went to the installed programs but no HP Smart software listed. Any better ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello, @Compo59

Was the printer installation successful? Also, can you print without any issues?

Alternatively, try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Printer is working fine, so is the scanner. Having uninstalled the German version of HP Smart, no other version has been installed following your previous suggestion.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Compo59

Thanks for the update!

Also, could you please let me know what is the feature that you are looking for while installing the HP Smart app? If possible I would be able to provide a workaround for the same. 

Also, you can try and reinstall the drivers to get the HP Printer Assistant installed on your PC. 

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42577/mp-108807-3/PS5520_1315-1.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Check http://bit.ly/2x2ORnH for more information with the HP Printer Assistant.

Hope that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have done all you said. Everything is actually working and the HP Smart app in Windows 10 has been reinstalled - IN GERMAN.HPSmart.PNG

I rest my case !!!

HP Recommended

Hello, @Compo59

Thanks for the update & Glad to know that the printer is working fine 🙂

It could be an issue with the app. Try to install the app after a few days and check. 

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.