Trustysk
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Smart app language

So I live in the Czech Republic.

My Windows 10 is set to English UK,  When I go to MS Store it is in English UK,  I install the app and it comes up  . . . in Czech.

Why?

Just because I live here doesn't mean I want to communicate only in CZ.  I understand the assumption, and even that you would make it the default option, but as far as I can see there is no way for me to opt-out.

Wouldn't it be easier to include a 'language' option on the settings menu?

Anyway, if you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
25,630 25,360 4,547 9,893
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Smart app language

Hi,

The display options are taken from your operating system language settings, while the display may set to English, the default system language is set to Czech.

From the Control Panel select Clock and Region and then select Region.

make sure the correct language is set as the Format, as well make sure the correct language is set under the Administrative tab. Click Change System Locale to change it if needed.

Also, click the Copy Settings button to review your language settings, check the System Account settings too (Welcome Screen)

You may follow these steps from a 3rd party site to change the system account setting if needed, use it carefully and at your own risk please:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Trustysk
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Smart app language

Thank you.

That fixed it.

I appreciate the help

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation