Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with HP Smart. I installed it and it worked for a bit, but now it just crashes. I've already tried rebooting, the app still crashes. I've also re-installed the app, but I get the same results. It doesn't work anymore. What do I need to do so I can use the utility again? Temporarily, I have installed another app for scanning, but HP smart was really convenient and has a nice, clean UI that I liked using it. I wish to be able to use it again.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the search bar, search for HP Smart, right-click it and select App settings.

Click the Reset button and confirm any prompt, then try launching the app and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried that, but no change. It still just crashes.

HP Recommended

Could you please let me know your printer model?

May you have taken any specific step in the app prior to facing this issue?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

It's the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2676. HP Smart was working for a bit and I was just scanning documents, then it crashed. It's only just been crashing since.

HP Recommended

Hi again, HP Expert.

Can you help in this case, please?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been using HP Smart and recently update to the new version and so far I have not encountered this. 

Are you using Windows 10 version 18362 or older version?

I think you have done a lot of ways to recover the app, unfortunately, nothing works. I would recommend you directly email this issue to HPSmart@hp.com. The App team might be able to provide more assistance to your issue.

For the time being, please continue to use the other app for scanning purposes.

riley-rafa

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks, riley-rafa. I will go ahead and email them.

By the way, I checked my Windows version and it says: Version 1903, OS build 18362.418. Does that help anything?

HP Recommended

It may help in the investigation so please provide that info when you email your issue to App team. Thanks!

riley-rafa

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, I did include it in the email. Hopefully, I can get a response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.