Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Smart (formerly known as HP All-in-One Printer Remote) helps you to set up, scan, print, and manage your HP printer. You can set up new HP printers, as well as monitor and order supplies. #HPSMART

Support Document:

www.hp.com/go/hpsmartwin-help

Here are some common issues we’ve seen in the reviews and potential solutions. If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know either here in the forum or email us directly at HPSmart@hp.com.

If you are having problems with the app at start-up, please exit and uninstall the app, then re-install it from the Windows Store.

Uninstall the app:
1. Open Start, locate the app in the All Apps list, and then right-click or press and hold HP Smart, depending on your device.
2. Click the Uninstall  option that displays at the bottom of the screen.

Re-install from the Windows Store:
1) Open Start, click the Store tile.
2) Search for HP Smart. Click Get.

For offline printer or printer not found issues:
• Uninstall and re-install the app
• If your printer is not automatically found, make sure your PC is connected to the same network as your printer.
• If you have more than one HP printer on your network, click on the printer image in the app and choose Select a Different Printer. Select your printer if available.
• If you still cannot find the printer, get the IP address of your printer from the printer front panel. Enter this IP address in the Add printer not listed link in the app. Make sure you are on the All Printers tab.

For scan issues:
• See the Scan section in the support document above.
• Please contact us here on the HP Support Forum or directly by email (HPSmart@hp.com). Please include the model name of your printer, connectivity type (network or USB) and operating system country and language.

I work for HP.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

My HP Smart software stopped working - I am guessing after a Windows or HP update.  I uninstalled the app, but everytime I try to reinstall from Windows store, I get an error.  Code: 0x803F8003

Printer is MFP M277DW.  HP Support shows my software up-to-date.

HP Recommended

Hi - 0x803F8003 looks to be a Microsoft Store error and not an HP Smart app error. Try running all of your Windows Updates, reboot your PC, and try again. If this doesn't resolve it, here are more details from Microsoft:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/does-anyone-know-the-fix-...

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

If you're trying to print and looking for additional settings (e.g. Duplex printing), click the More Settings link at the bottom of the Microsoft print preview window. Only settings which are supported by your specific printer will appear.

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

An updated version of HP Smart was released today which resolves issues related to scanning and app upgrades. The updated version is v75.1.298.0. The version number is visibile in Help > About.

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

I have been using this HP App & printer solution fine for several months now - yet this morning when I tried to scan a document the app gave a "General Failure" error when I tried to scan?  The App was working fine at the weekend!

I have uninstalled the App & reloaded it, have rebooted the Laptop and the printer but nothing I do changes the error message that comes up as the App tries to operate the HP scanner. How weird!

Any ideas or help?

HP Recommended

Hi. Are you able to scan successfully from the HP JetAdvantage Capture app? There is a link to download it in the HP Smart app from the Resources section in the left navigation pane. 

What printer model are you using?

Thanks!

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

Model 3630 all-in-one. I'm presently not using the Jetadvantage Capture.

Peterj

HP Recommended

I finally anaged to resolve this myself and digging through many websites & help forums.

The only way I found to resolve this after reinstalling everything and rebooting computer, Printer & everything else was as follows......

Pull mains cable out of printer and leave for 5 mins. plug mains cable back in and restart laptop. Printer is rebooted correctly if you remove all power cables for several minutes and the SCAN function is restored and the error is removed.

Hope this helps others as this was really frustrating to fix!

Thanks everyone for their help & assistance.

Regards

Steve

HP Recommended

Thanks Steve  -  that fixed it. You're a genius. I like low tech. Peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.